Friday 23 November 2012

Hawaii- Adam Morrow- Class '13



For my co-op this past summer, I chose Hawaii as my destination for placement. I worked as a housekeeper and reception staff at a hostel in central Maui called Banana Bungalow.

The manager Laina was super friendly and helpful and my co-workers were from all over the world and also awesome to work with. My duties involved checking-in guests, cleaning, maintenance and reservations. My girlfriend tagged along for the trip and we had an amazing time. I usually worked mornings, so in my free time we would explore the island. 

Scuba diving quickly became my passion while on Maui, so I ended up diving a lot and snorkelling with green sea turtles, white tip reef sharks and colourful parrot fish. Stand up paddle boarding, cliff jumping, hiking a volcanic crater, and kayaking are just some of the other fun things we did. The island has a very mellow vibe, and locals are friendly and treat visitors with ‘aloha’.

My co-op experience has inspired me to pursue scuba diving as a career, as I am flying to Utila, Honduras next May to obtain my Dive-Master certification. From there, the possibilities are endless, and I think if it wasn’t for that experience I wouldn’t have such direction and clarity of what I want to achieve. 
                                     Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. Miami is hot hot hot! And it’s not just the sultry weather. Here, the nightlife is scorching, thanks to a strong Latin influence and spicy salsa culture. Dance the noche away in a nightclub, or indulge in a fancy meal at one of the city’s celebrity-owned restaurants. By day, hit the beach of course, or have yourself a walkabout, taking in Miami’s colorful art deco architecture. Grab a Cuban sandwich in Little Havana, then ride the vintage carousel at Virginia Key Beach Park. Traveling by bus from Miami to Orlando could be expensive but you can use an alternative method of transportation like: miami to orlando transportation
    - This way, you can save money in tolls, gas and rental car. Hope this example can help you in your next travel adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and very interesting. Thank you for your sharing...........



    Yellow cab

    ReplyDelete