Wednesday 13 June 2018

Scott Simpson-Systems Operations Control Centre


I registered into Tourism - Travel & Eco-Adventure program in the Fall of 2006.  At this point, I didn’t quite know what I wanted to do in life, but I loved to travel.  What did I have to lose?

This decision ended up being one of the best choices in my life.  Not only did I meet some great people who many became long-term friends, but I got to meet Giannina and Rod.  These two made coming to school fun.  We learned many things in such a way that it didn’t feel like we were in school.  We also got to experience learning outside of a classroom; from a canoe trip, to hiking, and a class trip to Costa Rica. 

I graduated in the summer of 2008 and was lucky enough to get a job shortly after, with Wasaya Airways.  I was originally hired as a Flight Follower but with some hard work and dedication, I’ve worked my way up to the Manager of SOCC (Systems Operations Control Centre).

All this has allowed me to do what I love most: travel.  From New York, Mexico, St. Lucia, and Panama, just to name a few.  I credit for where I am today to the experience I learned within this program.  Thanks Giannina and Rod!

“Life is short and the world is wide”


Scott




No comments:

Post a Comment