Wednesday 31 August 2016




“Dream, Believe, Achieve”
 
At the young age of 51 years old I realized I needed a new challenge in life.  In 2014, I enrolled in the Tourism Travel & Eco Adventure Program at Confederation College.  My love for travelling and meeting new people was the reason I choose this particular program. 
 
Being a mature student I found the two years of classes challenging and many times I found myself outside my comfort zone. My personal motto became “Dream, Believe, Achieve.”  The vast number of courses offered gave me many options to open doors to an exciting career and I knew my dream job was to work for an airline. Every course gave me an insight to the bigger picture.  Our study abroad trip to Peru opened my eyes to other cultures and my passion for travelling continues to grow.
 
Three days before finishing classes I accepted a position of Customer Service Agent with Jazz Aviation LP/Air Canada Express.  This position allows me to meet many people and I have been able to use the skills and knowledge I learned while attending classes.
 
I truly could not have made it through the two years without the awesome support and guidance from all my teachers but most of all from Giannina Veltri, Program Coordinator, and Matthew Villella, Teacher.  My wonderful loving family were by my side the two years making sure I didn’t give up and in the end celebrated with me all the good times. My biggest cheerleader was my oldest grandson, Brayden.  All these amazing people in my life believed in me even when I second guessed myself.
 
I graduated June 2016 with Honours and received the Academic Award of Excellence for achieving the highest academic standing in the Tourism Travel and Eco-Adventure Program.  And also I was presented with the President’s Award of Excellence for achieving the highest academic standing in the School of Business, Hospitality and Media Arts.
 
Don’t be afraid to Dream too big!! Nothing is impossible if you Believe in yourself!! You can Achieve it!!
 
 
 
Laurie Kivi
Customer Service Agent
Thunder Bay (YQT)
laurie.kivi@flyjazz.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment