Monday 29 August 2016

Sarah Dohan - Flight Centre

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to email you and update you on my life adventures as an International Travel Consultant for the Flight Centre.

First I want to say I cannot begin to explain or express how valuable everything you taught me is, even though at the time of learning I had NO IDEA I would end up in this line of work but I am soooooo happy I did.  The company I work for is awesome!  Anyone who says having a job as a travel agent is dumb, or that there is no future because of the Internet has no idea what they are talking about.  As a company we have over 2000 shops worldwide with over 12,000 employees and we continue to grow.  Working in the industry I can now stress the importance of booking with an agent for many reasons which I am sure you are aware of!

Let me tell you how awesome my company is!  We do work on salary and receive a percentage of our commission and there is never a cap on what we can earn.  I like this because if for whatever reason you have had a bad month you always have the salary to fall back on or support you.  Within my company there is always room for growth as well.  Some of the biggest and highest ranked employees started at the retail level with no post secondary education and have worked their way up through the ranks through tough work and determination which is really exciting.  They are a company that supports and promotes their employees and you feel that everyday through incentives and awards that are constantly being given out.  For example, I did a transfer in my second month of $9000 in commission and I have never felt better recognized or appreciated in my life.  We are a company full of young like minded people also, so making friends is like easier than pie!

On to the perks!  I live on Vancouver Island and for training every Monday for 3 weeks, they would fly me to Vancouver on a float plane from our harbour to downtown Vancouver and put me up for the week in a hotel like the Hyatt or Marriott Residence, and then fly me home for weekends.  After about a month of working, we had our year end party which took place in Vancouver.  Once again I was flown to Vancouver and back free of charge where I was able to party with all 1000 employees from our Western division.  It was awesome!  Open bar! Ha, Ha!  We have staff socials every month where awards are given out and where we eat and party together.  They are great at creating a welcoming environment and making sure you feel appreciated.  Another awesome perk is staff conferences.  I just returned from a 3-day conference at Sandals in Ocho Rios..completely covered!  3 days of intense learning and fun with 300 other consultants.  They basically shut down the resort for us and they made sure that we had fun as well as working hard.  Finally, there is Global Ball, where Flight Centre honors their best employees every year by brining them to a very special location for a very special award ceremony.  This year it is in Macau!  I am on track to go so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Anyways I just wanted to update you with what I'm doing and feel free to tell the new students my story because it is awesome!  When I come back to visit family in Thunder Bay I will drop in.  Thanks again for everything you guys did and taught me..once again I cannot express the value of it!  (I still hate GDS/APOLLO).  You guys rock!  I hope everything is going well there and I hope to speak to you soon!  Also...I know of an AWESOME agent if you every need one!  (hint, hint)

Much love!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment